I had to fiddle to get our Student-Led Discussions Schedule sorted out. That meant moving some people around, so that nobody was stuck leading one day alone. I didn’t move anyone more than one week, and most of you are on the day you signed up for.
I’ll add topics for the rest of the discussions on the schedule soon, but I wanted to get this schedule set up as soon as possible, so I just put up topics for this coming week, and make sure to set your calendars, reminder notifications, and so on so that you don’t forget to prepare for your discussion!
The discussion for 27 Sept. will be on the topics below. Check that your name appears on this schedule twice!
(If not, we have a problem!)
- Yoon Hee Seo: Should University be mandatory?
- Heejin Kang: Filming people without their permission. (“Molka”?)
- Yong-Dae Jeong: What does (and what should) matter more in a job application interview: experience, or certifications?
- Youngseon Lee: Should criminals’ personal information be made public online?
- Hyunjung Yoon: ?
- Dain Kim: Should delinquent borrowers be relieved of their debts?
23 Oct. (Tuesday, 1st hour of class)
- Kyunghee Lee: Should corporal punishment be banned (in schools?)?
- Jiyeong Kim: Voting: rights and turnout rate in Korea.
- Jiyoung Choi: What do you think about our teacher-evaluation system?
- Kang Tae San: What is your opinion of the “Internet Real Name System”?
- Yong-Dae Jeong: ?
- Minju Lee: Do you agree that sex offenders should be chemically castrated?
- Heejin Kang: What do you think about the grading curve system for university students?
- Jiyoung Choi: What do you think about the grading curve system for university students?
- Kang Tae San: Is plastic surgery helpful in (y)our country?
- Hyunjung Yoon: Are major sporting events like World Cup Soccer Tournament and the Olympics and really useful in improving our nation’s national “condition”?
- Dain Kim: Should we have to take religious-based courses in university?
- Minju Lee: Should we be required to put our photos, and height/weight information, on resumes and job applications?
- Yoon Hee Seo: Should school uniforms be mandatory?
- Youngseon Lee: Should juvenile delinquents (teen criminals) be punished more severely?
- Jiyeong Kim: The Pros and Cons of Mercy-Killing.
- Kyunghee Lee: Should Korean presidents be allowed to serve for more than five years?